- Posted by Dan Moore
- On May 8, 2019
- 0 Comments
Identity Leadership: Episode 282 of the Action Catalyst Podcast
Stedman Graham is chairman and CEO of S. Graham & Associates. As a businessman, educator, and speaker, he presents, consults, and conducts training with corporations, educational entities, the military and veterans, non-profits, and the government. His identity message is grounded in the fact that the key to success is self-leadership capability.
The Identity Leadership programs, driven by the proprietary Nine-Step Success Process™, are based on the philosophy that individuals hold the power to their educational, career, and personal success or failure.
Graham has authored eleven books, including two New York Times bestsellers, You Can Make It Happen: A Nine-Step Plan for Success and Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps to Success. His latest release, Identity: Your Passport to Success, was a Wall Street Journal bestseller. Clients have included Gulfstream Aerospace, Microsoft, Deloitte, Wells Fargo, Lenovo, General Dynamics, the US Departments of Labor, Education, and Agriculture, CVS Pharmacy, the Indiana Pacers, and the Sonima Foundation (through which he taught in 150 high schools in two years). He has also lectured or conducted workshops in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, China, Canada, the UK, the British Virgin Islands, Aruba, Bermuda, South Africa, and Africa.
Commitment to education and lifelong learning is central to Graham’s philosophy. He has served as an adjunct professor or guest lecturer at Northwestern, Harvard, Wharton, University of Chicago, the University of Illinois–Chicago, National University, High Point, Howard, Temple, Morehouse, and Pepperdine, to name a few.
As a veteran of the United States Army, he has proudly served our active military, veterans, and their families through programs at Fort Bragg, Fort Hood, Fort Bliss, Fort Jackson, NATO, the Military Child Education Coalition, and internationally at Landstuhl, Germany, and the US military community in Rotterdam, Holland.
A proud native of Whitesboro, New Jersey, Graham has demonstrated an enduring pledge to youth and community. His Teens Can Make It Happen program has been utilized in numerous middle schools and high schools in the US and abroad, providing positive growth for our leaders of tomorrow, as well as for their parents and teachers.
With dedication to community development, Graham is the founder of the Concerned Citizens of Whitesboro and Concerned Citizens of Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina, and is a co-founder of the Community Alliance for Youth Success. He is an ongoing contributor to the Cleveland Foundation Tru2U Project, educating youth and their mentors, and to the organization MADI, through which he provides Identity Leadership education to thousands of refugees who are integrating into new communities and cultures.
Graham holds a bachelor’s degree in social work from Hardin-Simmons University, a master’s degree in education from Ball State University, and an honorary doctorate in humanities from Coker College.
- Belief comes from knowing who you are. -Stedman Graham
- The core of who you are is based on your passion, your talent, and your ability to take information and make it relevant to your heart and soul and transfer it to your mind so you become a thinking human being. -Stedman Graham
- If you never quit, you may not be the strongest or the smartest, but the answers will reveal themselves along the way. -Stedman Graham
- It’s not about how the world defines you; it’s about how you define yourself. -Stedman Graham
- Create a system or process for yourself to continually improve based on the core of who you are. This is your foundation for learning, growing, and developing. -Stedman Graham
- You’re looking for the dream on the outside but it starts on the inside. -Stedman Graham
- Vision allows you to see beyond yourself. -Stedman Graham
- I’m not worried about who you are; I’m worried about who you will be or who you can become. -Stedman Graham
- If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. -Alexander Hamilton
- I’m equal to anyone in the world because I have 24 hours. So what am I going to do with those 24 hours that’s going to lead me to my vision of who I want to become? -Stedman Graham
- If you do the same thing today that you did yesterday and that you’ll do tomorrow, what have you done? Nothing! -Stedman Graham
- Transformation = love. -Stedman Graham
- If you’re having a tough time in your life, it’s all about transforming your energy from negative to positive, from hate to love. -Stedman Graham
- The law of attraction says that whatever you put out, you’ll get back. -Stedman Graham
- Success—and failure—is a mind-set. -Stedman Graham
- If you can’t fly, then run; if you can’t run, then walk; and if you can’t walk, then crawl; but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- You can’t lead anybody else until you first lead yourself. -Stedman Graham
Stedman’s closing thoughts: [Through my book,] I get to help people self-actualize their own potential at a lot of different levels. The product works and I’m excited about it! I get to help people and turn them into identity leaders. They are able to understand authenticity, how to create a vision for themselves, how to build a plan and a dream team for themselves, and make up a lot of their own rules.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!