- Posted by Dan Moore
- On May 15, 2019
- 0 Comments
- chip bell, what customers want
What Customers Want: Episode 283 of the Action Catalyst Podcast
Dr. Chip R. Bell has helped many Fortune 100 companies dramatically enhance their bottom lines and marketplace reputations through innovative customer-centric strategies that address the needs of today’s picky, fickle, vocal customers. Dr. Bell’s keynotes reveal the best practices from the organizations leading the customer loyalty charge, giving audiences powerful, cutting-edge ideas and unique strategies they can immediately put into practice. Always customer-centered, Dr. Bell customizes all his presentations to meet unique organizational needs through a background study, pre-event conference call, and phone interviews to better understand specific audience challenges.
He is considered a world-renowned authority on customer loyalty and service innovation. In fact, Global Gurus ranked him in 2018 as the #2 keynote speaker in the world on customer service and #1 in North America. Leadership Excellence Magazine also listed him among the top 30 thought leaders in North America.
He also has written more than 700 columns for many business journals, magazines, and top blogs. He has appeared live on CNN, CNBC, CBS, Fox Business, Bloomberg TV, ABC, and NPR Radio, and his work has been featured in Fortune, Businessweek, Forbes, Fast Company, Inc. Magazine, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, CEO Magazine, Money Magazine, and Entrepreneur.
Dr. Bell has authored numerous national best-selling books including The 9½ Principles of Innovative Service; Wired and Dangerous: How Your Customers Have Changed and What to Do about It; Managing Knock Your Socks Off Service; Customers as Partners; Magnetic Service; Take Their Breath Away: How Imaginative Service Creates Devoted Customers;Sprinkles: Creating Awesome Experiences Through Innovative Service.
His newest book is the best-selling Kaleidoscope: Delivering Innovative Service That Sparkles. His books have won major book awards including the 2017 Best Book Award in the business category. His books have been endorsed by the CEOs or presidents of such service greats as Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Zappos, Starbucks, Ritz-Carlton Hotels, Wolfgang Puck, Build-A-Bear Workshops, JetBlue, Marriott, Chick-fil-A, Ultimate Software, WestRock, Morgan Stanley, La Quinta Hotels, Kimpton Hotels, and Southwest Airlines.
In addition, his training programs have won numerous awards. These include “Delivering Innovative Service” with a 2016 Best Classroom program awarded by HR.com, and “Service Unleashed,” developed for Forrest Performance Group, a prestigious 2018 Stevie award winner.
- When you work with just one organization, there’s a limit to how much you can grow. -Chip Bell
- It’s about making customer experiences that are not value-added, they’re value-unique. -Chip Bell
- When starting a new business, make sure to have a long lead time, learn about your marketplace and how to be different than others, create your own board of advisors who know more than you do, and let people know that you’re planning to do this. -Chip Bell
- In starting your own business, resilience is key. -Chip Bell
- The desire to have a lot of money shouldn’t be on your list of reasons for starting a business. -Chip Bell
- Your customers want to feel that you’re there for them. You’re there to serve. -Chip Bell
- As an entrepreneur, you need to be able to reinvent yourself. Not your values or core purpose, but its expression in the marketplace. -Chip Bell
- God still loves me. You are something that is grander and more amazing than your work. -Chip Bell
- What I’ve done is far less exciting than what I’m going to do. -Chip Bell
Chip’s closing thoughts: If you can live every day like a box of Cracker Jack— that’s a metaphor for life. It wasn’t about the popcorn, it was about the prize, and that’s how I feel about life. There’s going to be a prize inside if I look and I’m going to be surprised by it.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!