- Posted by Dan Moore
- On October 9, 2019
- 0 Comments
Ken Coleman is a #1 national best-selling author, career expert and nationally syndicated radio host of The Ken Coleman Show. Pulling from his own personal struggles, missed opportunities and career successes, Coleman helps people discover what they were born to do and provides practical steps to make their dream job a reality. The Ken Coleman Show is a caller-driven career show that helps listeners who are stuck in a job they hate or searching for something more out of their career. His second book, The Proximity Principle: The Proven Strategy That Will Lead To The Career You Love, released May 2019. Connect with Ken on Twitter and Instagram at @KenColeman and online at kencoleman.com or facebook.com/kenColemanShow.
- There are two types of pivots I think everyone faces: the ones that are forced on you and the ones that you choose. —Ken Coleman
- If you’re living on purpose and working on purpose, you’ll have to do some self-imposed pivots. —Ken Coleman
- The Proximity Principle says that in order to do what I want to do, I have to be around people who are doing it and in places where it is happening. —Ken Coleman
- If you want to get in and move up in your career, it’s always going to be about the intentionality to surround yourself with the right people in the right places. —Ken Coleman
- You want to find the person who is going to teach you how to be qualified for the job. They don’t have to be the best but they have to have actual experience. —Ken Coleman
- Where you are is so important because this is where you start. It’s simply acting on that first decision to do something right where you are. —Ken Coleman
- It never requires a change of zip code to get started. —Ken Coleman
- There is no “next” if you don’t do something in the “now.” Most people stay in the starting blocks of life. —Ken Coleman
Ken’s final thoughts: The Proximity mindset is know your role, accept your role, maximize your role. That’s the formula for progress.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!