- Posted by Dan Moore
- On December 18, 2019
- 0 Comments
- entrepreneur, sales
Chris Spurvey grew up and still lives on the picturesque island of Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada.
After consciously choosing entrepreneurship as a means to create a better life for his family, Chris realized that negative beliefs about sales were holding him back from taking his ventures to the next level. He saw this as a major hurdle to not only his businesses but the businesses of virtually every other entrepreneur. Chris went to work on himself and found a way to sell that felt right.
Chris spearheaded the growth of Plato Consulting to the point it was acquired by one of the largest management consulting firms in the world (KPMG). In the process, he sold over $300 million in consulting services.
Following the acquisition, Chris turned his focus to helping other “non-sales sellers” find a way to grow their revenue in a consistent, stress-free manner.
He published It’s Time to Sell: Cultivating the Sales Mindset, founded Make Sales a Habit University and today is a growth advisor to business owners and their management teams throughout the world.
Chris’s newest venture is Dockridge Digital, a technology consulting and product development company focussing on helping businesses leverage digital to serve their customers.
- As a seller, you need to be there when the time is right and be top of mind. For every door that closes, it first has to be opened. —Chris Spurvey
- The reward comes from piling on the service. —Chris Spurvey
- The reward comes from the mindset that you’ve actually solved someone’s problem. —Chris Spurvey
- If we could stop thinking negatively, we can do a lot more for ourselves. —Chris Spurvey
- It’s our job to bring our best selves to the world. —Chris Spurvey
- I’m always looking for ways to grow. I never stop. I want to improve myself and the people around me. —Chris Spurvey
- If you have a goal, find someone who has achieved the goal and reverse engineer it. —Chris Spurvey
Chris’ final thoughts: We can only start working today on our future. We need to convince ourselves that tomorrow will be a better day and start pursuing with high-velocity action. I believe strongly in the cultivation of a network of people.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!