- Posted by Dan Moore
- On February 5, 2020
- 0 Comments
Jenny Buccos is a multi-award winning director and producer. She is the founder of the ProjectExplorer educational nonprofit, a multimedia education strategist, and an agent for global citizenship.
She launched Season 1 of Crash Test World—a family-focused TV series with Kari Byron (Mythbusters) and Intuitive Content for broadcast in the fall of 2019. She serves as the show’s creator and Executive Director.
In 2003, before the existence of YouTube, she founded ProjectExplorer.org, a free multimedia website designed to educate primary and secondary school students about global issues, world cultures, and histories. She has directed and produced over 500 short films working with leaders and visionaries including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Belize’s First Lady Kim Simplis Barrow, Ziggy Marley, and Anthony Bourdain.
An international specialist in video and media-focused curriculum design, Jenny provides consulting services for educational, cultural, and nonprofit organizations focused on increasing student access and engagement.
Jenny has traveled to over 70 countries. When not traveling she splits her time between Brooklyn, New York and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- The aim was to provide virtual passports. There are people who will never travel but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a view of the world. —Jenny Buccos
- I don’t give up. If someone says no, I find another way. —Jenny Buccos
- If I have reinforcement from the people I’m trying to reach, I can deal with the “nos” and “not interesteds.” —Jenny Buccos
- I focus on what I know I’m good at. Find something you’re good at and work really hard at that. —Jenny Buccos
- If you have a roof over your head, you know where your next meal is coming from, and you have one person who cares about you, you’ve already won the lottery. —Jenny Buccos
Jenny’s final thoughts: I want to be a catalyst for change so that everyone has a seat at the table. That’s different than a handout. —Jenny Buccos
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!