- Posted by Dan Moore
- On July 22, 2020
- 0 Comments
- coronavirus, COVID-19, leadership, overcome adversity
U.S. Army Brigadier General (ret.) Mike Scholes on leading through adversity and the importance of principles. Join our host Dan Moore and Southwestern Family of Companies COO, Mike Scholes as they talk about the challenges of leading large organizations through a wide range of adversity including the COVID-19 global pandemic.
“Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records” – William Arthur Ward
“There is no education like adversity” – Benjamin Disraeli
“It takes a certain breed of soldier to want to jump out of an airplane” – Mike Scholes
“It’s not everyday that someone coming fresh out of college has the lives of 45 soldiers in their hands” – Mike Scholes
“The solution for leaders is to train your people, take care of them, and they’ll be there for you” – Mike Scholes
“It’s about unity of purpose more than unity of command” – Mike Scholes
More About Mike Scholes
Mike Scholes is a retired U.S. Army Brigadier General and the current COO of The Southwestern Family of Companies. As a seasoned domestic and foreign service senior general officer and executive with over 36 years of experience, Mike led large national and international organizations as a Brigadier General in the United States Army.
Mike is skilled in government relations and operations, strategic planning, organizational development, budget management, strategic communications, project/program management, information management, and complex problem solving. He is responsible for supporting the alignment and prioritization of the company’s efforts and ensuring operational excellence across the family of companies.
• Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Chief Operating Officer (COO) leader with documented success in progressively dynamic and challenging positions in domestic and international environments.
• U.S. Army general officer who rose through the ranks by building and equipping teams with varied skill sets and personalities to work toward and achieve shared goals.
• Tactful executive leader with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strategic organizational change executive who can quickly assess complex problems, propose recommendations, and implement reforms to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!