- Posted by Dan Moore
- On November 21, 2018
- 0 Comments
Greg Muzzillo founded Proforma in 1978, one year after graduating from college. He started the company’s franchising operations in 1986. Today, Proforma has more than 700 franchise offices worldwide with over $500 million in sales. The company has been named in Inc. magazine’s list of the 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America three times.
Prior to founding Proforma, Mr. Muzzillo worked with the auditing firm of Haskins & Sells (predecessor to Deloitte & Touche).
In addition to his duties at Proforma, Mr. Muzzillo has founded a staffing franchise company, ProTalent. He serves on the Board of Directors of the University of Florida Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center, served on the Board of Directors of the International Franchise Association, and served on the Board of Trustees at the University of Tampa.
Greg and his wife, Vera Muzzillo, CEO of Proforma, have 10 children and three grandchildren. Together, they serve on the Board of Directors of the University of Florida Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center and co-sponsor the $50,000 annual Big Idea Gator Business Plan Competition.
- Our mission is to help our franchise owners’ dreams come true. -Greg Muzzillo
- It’s kind of a holy obligation. If somebody trusts us with their dreams, we owe it to them to do our best to help those dreams come true. -Greg Muzzillo
- No doesn’t mean no. No means “Ask me again tomorrow.” -Greg Muzzillo
- There are three steps to success: 1. Fear 2. Comfortable 3. Wealth -Greg Muzzillo
- When you start making the real money, you can hire all the people to do the stuff that ain’t fun and then you can just do the fun. -Greg Muzzillo
- When a person is at the comfortable stage, they have a decision to make. They can say, “I can stay comfortable” or “I can go ahead and experience some more discomfort, some more paying the price, so more pain, maybe a little bit more fear, to hit that next level.” Then they can start to invest and move into that next stage of wealthy and fun. -Dan Moore
Greg’s closing thoughts: The world isn’t closing in on you, it’s just perspective. We need to choose love. The news is so negative–turn off the news! Get rid of that negativity and find the positive. Find the love. It’s just as easy to love as it is to hate. When you get negative, you attract negativity and more of the same bad stuff to yourself. Some people are magnets for failure and they don’t even know it. Get positive and positive stuff will stick to you. Find positivity and love and success will find you.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!