Keeping a Positive Attitude with Mac Anderson (Part 2 of 2): Episode 260 of The Action Catalyst Podcast
- Posted by Action Catalyst
- On November 14, 2018
- 0 Comments
Mac Anderson is the founder of Simple Truths and Successories, Inc., the leader in designing and marketing products for motivation and recognition.
These companies, however, are not the first success stories for Mac. He was also the founder and CEO of McCord Travel, the largest travel company in the Midwest, and part owner and vice president of sales and marketing for Orval Kent Food Company, the country’s largest manufacturer of prepared salads.
His accomplishments in these unrelated industries provide some insight into his passion when speaking to many corporate audiences on a variety of topics, including leadership, motivation, and team building. Mac has authored or co-authored twenty-five books that have sold more than four million copies.
- You’ve got to learn to manage your attitude. -Mac Anderson
- One of the keys to managing your attitude is to reinforce the positive. -Mac Anderson
- If you’re a leader of a team, the minute you’re down, they’re going to be doubly down. -Mac Anderson
- First of all, you have to believe in what you’re doing, so you need a purpose and a mission to believe in. -Mac Anderson
- Belief fuels passion. -Mac Anderson
- When you’re hiring someone, you have to look at two things: 1. Are they talented at what they do? 2. Do they have the right attitude? If they don’t, they’ll pull people down. -Mac Anderson
- One of the greatest qualities of a leader is the willingness to listen and ask questions. -Mac Anderson
- The key to listening is wanting to hear. -Mac Anderson
- So many times, it’s the one degree that separates the good from the great. -Mac Anderson
- Having a 212 mindset makes it very difficult to just coast [through life]. -Mac Anderson
- Companies don’t succeed; people do. -Mac Anderson
Mac’s closing thoughts: To make the world a better place, we need to make it a little kinder. Not only will you feel better, but everyone you touch will feel better too. [Dan suggests]: Listen to the song, “Try a Little Tenderness” by Otis Redding.
The Action Catalyst is presented by the Southwestern Family of Companies. With each episode, the podcast features some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Learn more at TheActionCatalyst.com, subscribe below or wherever you listen to podcasts, and be sure to leave a rating and review!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR RSS FEED: https://feeds.captivate.fm/the-action-catalyst/
SUBSCRIBE ELSEWHERE: https://the-action-catalyst.captivate.fm/listen