- Posted by Dustin Hillis
- On November 4, 2020
- 0 Comments
- Redefining Possible, success, vision
Join Mark Rau of Southwestern Advantage on this discussion about how to clarify your vision, find your bigger why and hold to your mission. He dives into how these principles have led to success in his career and the opportunity to personally impact over 7,700 young lives.
- “What gets you through the down years is a strong belief that what you are doing is going to have a positive impact on people.”
- “I wanted to be a person who showed others that it doesn’t matter what you’ve been through, you can still be successful.”
- “If you’re really believing and holding to your mission – then it’s easy to create a vision.”
- “Assumed leadership is better than a sign.”
- “You have to be modeling behavior in every part of life.”
- “The feeling of overcoming adversity is built into the DNA of Southwestern Alumni.
More About Mark Rau
Mark Rau graduated with Honors from the University of Florida in 1992. As a freshman in college, he began working with Southwestern Advantage as a door to door direct sales rep in 1988. He was a Top Salesperson each of his 6 summers and is Top 50 in the history of this 160 year old company. He paid 100% of his college through this program, also his wedding and honeymoon.
Mark is now the Managing Director of US Sales for Southwestern Advantage. He has personally impacted and trained over 7,700 sales reps worldwide.
Mark met his wife at 17 years old and they have been together since having never broken up, hung up on each other or gone to sleep angry. He has two daughters, one at Boston College Nurse Practioner Masters Program (BS at UF) and the other at the University of Florida.
Mark and his team successfully navigated the Covid crisis through innovation and grit. Since the virus struck in March his group has recruited 50% more people and over the past month increased US sales by 45%.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!