Keeping the Vision Alive with Kelly Wright (Part 2 of 2): Episode 246 of The Action Catalyst Podcast
- Posted by Dan Moore
- On August 1, 2018
- 0 Comments
Kelly Wright has over 25 years of experience in leadership, sales, operations, and strategy roles. Her deep Go-To-Market and general P&L management delivers critical expertise to the boardroom. Kelly has helped teams navigate multiple stages of growth, through an IPO, global expansion, leadership transitions, business model changes, and the demands of being a private and public company. Kelly has broad depth of experience in driving companies to best leverage technology, data, information, and the cloud in the digital age, all key board discussion areas. She recently retired from Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) as Executive Vice President of Sales after a 12-year run. Kelly joined Tableau as the company’s first salesperson one month prior to the launch of v1.0, and she helped grow Tableau into a multi-billion-dollar public company as a key member of the executive team. She grew Tableau’s worldwide sales and field operations from zero to $850M in revenue and managed over half of Tableau’s global team as the company grew to over 3,400 employees. In addition to building a public company, Kelly has hired thousands of employees and has been instrumental in building strong corporate cultures and high-performance teams. Kelly is an accomplished speaker on topics including Sales, Culture, High Performing Teams, Operational Excellence, Diversity, and Scaling.
- When people ask what are the three most important priorities for scaling and growing a business, my answer is always the same. #1: people. #2: people. #3: people. -Kelly Wright
- Never ever sacrifice on your people! -Kelly Wright
- There is no such thing as an overnight success. -Kelly Wright
- You can only control what you can control. Don’t worry about the rest. -Kelly Wright
- If you develop and grow people, your top people will stay. -Kelly Wright
- How can you look at these different areas of your life and integrate them? -Kelly Wright
- If everything was easy, we would be bored and stifled! -Kelly Wright
- Build the business day by day. -Kelly Wright
- Being able to interact with different people and hear their stories is what sales is all about. -Kelly Wright
Kelly’s closing thoughts: There’s a delicate balance of important and urgent. I would encourage people to have a clear vision of your 3-5 priorities that are necessary to move the needle forward; how can you make progress on those today? Your attitude comes down to your belief. It’s about translating belief into motivation and inspiration.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!