- Posted by Dan Moore
- On October 17, 2018
- 0 Comments
Dr. Terry Lyles holds a Ph.D. in psychology and is recognized as a national/international educator, author of three books, speaker to universities, schools, Fortune 500 Companies, world-class athletes, and public audiences. Dr. Lyles has trained hundreds of individuals including Fire Rescue workers in and around Ground Zero, International Forensic Medical Teams in the Asian torn Tsunami area and the Haiti relief effort, sharing his time-tested, scientifically-measured approach to stress utilization.
Major corporations have also benefited from this training technology such as Gulfstream, Chrysler Group, GM, Banana Republic, Macy’s, Pfizer, Universal Studios, Tommy Hilfiger, and Dior to name a few. NASCAR’s Richard Petty Motorsports, Military Special Forces, Air Force fighter pilots and Space Command have all utilized this specialized training.
Dr. Lyles has appeared on CNN, CNBC, HLN, NBC, ABC, FOX NEWS, USA Today, and in U.S. News & World Report as a Human Engineering Life-Balance Specialist. He hosted a premier talk show sponsored by Success Magazine, and was heard as the “The Stress Doctor” in South Florida and recently launched his Biometrictelemetry broadcasted on live real-time TV with ABC ESPN in INDYCAR at the INDY 500.
- It’s important as individuals to understand what your stresses and recoveries are. My stress might be a recovery for you, and my recovery might be stress for you. -Dr. Lyles
- If I don’t understand where my power comes from–mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically–I might have power surges, which means I now have to do what I do at a slower pace to conserve energy. -Dr. Lyles
- When you’re driven by passion and excitement, you’ll do whatever you need to do to make it work. -Dr. Lyles
- There is no success without failure, and the only failure is when you quit. -Dr. Lyles
- My first affirmation in the morning is: I am grateful for another day. -Dan Moore
- You have to know why you want to do something, not just how. A lot of people can learn how to build something or how to do something. But if you don’t know why you want to do it, you may never finish it. -Dr. Lyles
- If you lose your focus, your drive, and your passion for something, the music and the magic goes away. -Dr Lyles
- You need a plan, you need goals, and you need a great network of people. It takes an army to do things. Even a SWAT team will have multiple members. -Dr. Lyles
- If you know WHY and you know HOW, you can’t quit. -Dr. Lyles
Dr. Lyles’ closing thoughts: We’ve re-released my book, Good Stress, as a foundation for my upcoming book, Performance Under Pressure. Good Stress is all about taking stress and making it good, and then how do you live younger longer throughout your life?
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!