- Posted by Dan Moore
- On April 17, 2019
- 0 Comments
The Importance of Healing: Episode 279 of the Action Catalyst Podcast
Jim Cathcart is the author of 19 books and has been inducted into both the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame and the Sales and Marketing Hall of Fame (London). He is one of the most award-winning professional speakers in the world, having won the Golden Gavel Award, The Cavett Award, Legends of Speaking Award, The Quilly® Bestselling Author Award, Certified Speaking Professional, Past President of the National Speakers Association, and more. With over 3,200 professional speeches around the world, he has addressed every industry and profession imaginable. But with all of that, he’s also a regular guy: an avid motorcyclist, a mountain trail runner, and a professional guitarist/singer who performs often in clubs and at events.
Jim’s specialty is Applied Behavioral Science, “practical psychology,” and he focuses on helping people succeed. His TEDx video now has over 1.5 million views and he has just returned from his tenth lecture tour in China!
- The seed of your future success already lives within you. Figure out what your seed is and then nurture your nature. -Jim Cathcart
- The task of leadership is to create an alignment of strengths in ways that make a system’s weaknesses irrelevant. -Peter Drucker
- Emotional healing has its own time schedule and we don’t know what that schedule is. -Jim Cathcart
- The time to develop emotional strength is not when you need it, but before you need it. -Dan Moore
- Instead of starting my day by immediately thinking about tasks, I let my mind think about whatever it wants to think about. -Jim Cathcart
- I ask: “How would the person I’d like to be approach this situation?” -Jim Cathcart
- The idea that “I can’t do that” should be replaced with “I think I could do that; I just don’t know how yet.” -Dan Moore
- When your bucket is empty and you feel like you’ve got no options, the answer is do something. What do I mean? Do anything but do it intentionally. -Jim Cathcart
- Your creative impulse is the God in you. They say we’re made in the image of our Creator; I don’t think this means we look like God. It means we’re created to be creators. -Jim Cathcart
Jim’s closing thoughts: Broaden your reach and get information from multiple sources, even sources that contradict each other. It’ll change your perspective and you’ll start seeing connections that you never noticed before.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!