- Posted by Dan Moore
- On April 10, 2019
- 0 Comments
The Leader of the Kindness Rocks Project: Episode 278 of the Action Catalyst Podcast
Megan Murphy is a women’s empowerment coach, business mentor, kindness activist, meditation instructor, author, and lecturer. She is a business mentor for SCORE and creator of the Kindness Rocks Project. She resides in Cape Cod, MA with her husband, three daughters, and two giant dogs.
Megan is a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) and Score certified mentor earning her coaching certifications through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) and is a member of the International Coaching Federation ICF.
Megan has been featured on The Today Show, Fox News, NBC Boston, WCVB Channel 5; 5 for Good segment, The Boston Globe, The Detroit Free Press, The Washington Post, Cape Cod Life Magazine, Conscious Life Magazine, Parents Magazine, Highlights for Kids Magazine, Country Living Magazine, First for Women Magazine, The Cape Cod Times, Today.com, The Huffington Post, Southern Living Magazine, and many other regional news media outlets across the country where members of the project participate. She has been published in The 2017 Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Kind America book, MindBodyGreen, Tut.com, and Grown & Flown and quoted in many more publications and blogs. She recently released her book, A Pebble For Your Thoughts: How One Kindness Rock Can Change Someone’s Entire Life.
- In business and in life, we must have balance. -Megan Murphy
- Anonymity in kindness is really important. It’s doing something without expecting anything in return. -Megan Murphy
- Do kindness with intention, not for attention. -Megan Murphy
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself; it’s thinking of yourself less. -John Wooden
- It’s not about owning a concept; it’s about getting everyone to share the concept. -Dan Moore
- Whenever I’m presented with a challenge, I see it as a growth moment. -Megan Murphy
- I begin to look for soul-lutions. I call them that because I get really quiet and introspective. -Megan Murphy
- Too many of us react, and unfortunately, reactions can just cause more problems. -Megan Murphy
- We’re human beings, not human doings. -The Dalai Lama
- Be authentic, make social and emotional connections in the morning, and lead by example. -Megan Murphy
- Involving others is not a sign of weakness, but it’s the ultimate sign of strength. -Dan Moore
- None of us is as smart as all of us. -Ken Blanchard
- Before my feet hit the floor, I give thanks for a new day. -Megan Murphy
Megan’s closing thoughts: Trust yourself. You’re your own advocate and you need to take responsibility. Don’t let the opinions of others sway you. Don’t let them tell you how you should or should not feel because you feel the way you feel for a reason. Although people may mean well, be careful of the advice they give you versus the advice you give yourself.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!