- Posted by Dan Moore
- On May 22, 2019
- 0 Comments
- DeVon Franklin, entertainment, entrepreneur, leadership
DeVon Franklin is an award-winning film and TV producer, best-selling author, renowned preacher, and spiritual success coach. DeVon is the ultimate multi-hyphenate. With a commitment to uplifting the masses through entertainment, Franklin has quickly become a force in the media as well as a leading authority on faith, spiritual wellness, and personal development.
Beliefnet has called him one of the “Most Influential Christians Under 40,” Variety Magazine named him one of the “Top 10 Producers to Watch,” Ebony Magazine has distinguished him as one of the “Top 100 Influential African-Americans in America,” and even Oprah has called him “a bonafide dynamo…a different kind of spiritual teacher for our times.”
Franklin serves as President/CEO of Franklin Entertainment, a dynamic multimedia entertainment company with a first-look film deal at 20th Century Fox. As a filmmaker, Franklin is producing the inspirational true story Breakthrough, starring Chrissy Metz in theaters Easter of 2019. Additionally, he produced the hit animated film, The Star, and the hit film, Miracles From Heaven. Along with his work as a producer, Franklin is the author of a new book, The Truth About Men, released on February 5, 2019, as well as The Hollywood Commandments, New York Times bestseller The Wait (co-written with his wife award-winning actress Meagan Good) and Produced By Faith.
- No one can become successful without mentorship. -DeVon Franklin
- One of the keys of mentorship is to not overburden the mentor. -DeVon Franklin
- Whether or not you know the person, or you ever get to meet them, they can be your virtual mentor. You can look at your field and the people who inspire you in your field and get virtual mentorship from them by reading their interviews, looking at their social media, etc. That’s a powerful opportunity to get mentorship from someone you believe in. -DeVon Franklin
- When things happen that we don’t expect, it’s important to acknowledge how you feel. -DeVon Franklin
- It’s disappointing when something doesn’t work that you wanted to work, but that’s when you need to go back and look at the process. -DeVon Franklin
- When you hit a brick wall, it’s so important to feel it and go through it so that you can move on and grow from it.
- If you’re “out of aces,” maybe it’s time to get up from that particular table and pursue something new. Or maybe, you’re at the right table, but waiting on the right hand, so you need to be persistent. -DeVon Franklin
- Even if things aren’t working out how you want, you should still stay, because you’re still getting more benefits than cost put in. The moment you stop growing or learning is when it’s costing you more than the benefit. -DeVon Franklin
- It’s important to maintain a strong sense of self. -DeVon Franklin
- We need to look at success in a more dynamic way. -DeVon Franklin
DeVon’s closing thoughts: It’s important to keep a strong sense of self and a sense of humility. If you’re working with or around strong personalities—in either a personal or professional sense— and they suggest or do something that is against your personal values, it’s okay to say, that’s cool, I’m going to pass on that. It’s important to look in the mirror and say I’m comfortable with who I am, and no matter the personalities I’m around, I’m going to do my best to stay true to myself.
The Action Catalyst is presented by the Southwestern Family of Companies. With each episode, the podcast features some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Learn more at TheActionCatalyst.com, subscribe below or wherever you listen to podcasts, and be sure to leave a rating and review!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR RSS FEED: https://feeds.captivate.fm/the-action-catalyst/
SUBSCRIBE ELSEWHERE: https://the-action-catalyst.captivate.fm/listen