- Posted by Dan Moore
- On August 14, 2019
- 0 Comments
- health, katy kvalvik, southwestern empowerment, wellness
Katy Kvalvik has been inspiring women and men all over the world to be empowered, lead their best lives, and achieve optimal, lasting results since 2009. The Founder and Head of Southwestern Empowerment, Katy is a graduate of UC Berkeley, certified executive coach, board-certified health counselor, certified trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, certified yoga instructor, and business mentor. After suffering two major accidents, rebuilding her body, and deciding that people should not have to suffer the way she did to get answers, she founded the Harmony MethodⓇ, an integrative leadership and total lifestyle system.
Katy is an expert in advanced communication skills for high-stake conversations and presentations, influence and negotiation, and leadership development. She also speaks about integrative health, specifically stress reduction, gut health, chronic pain, and chronic fatigue. She has spoken at conferences including Wisdom 2.0, the Hive Global Leadership Conference, NAIFA Sales Conference, and the Wanderlust Festival circuit. She has worked with companies such as Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, Sony, American Express, Beach Body, Singularity University, and tech start-ups like VideoAmp, Pivot Bio, and MediGram to name a few.
While she now works with executives, leaders, and creatives to help transform and inspire them to create a positive impact, greater consciousness in their organizations, and achieve optimal business results, she previously was a leader in the medical device industry. There, she successfully ran multimillion-dollar territories, managed teams under high pressure, and was involved in the creation of leadership programs within her companies. Katy is very aware of the challenges today’s executives, entrepreneurs, and innovators face, which is why she has dedicated herself to helping and inspiring leaders all over the world to develop strategies for success and achieve optimal results.
- Nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle is a huge part of self-leadership and self-management. —Katy Kvalvik
- The beauty of challenges and struggles is that you learn deeper wisdom about yourself. —Katy Kvalvik
- You have to go backward to go forward. You’re deconstructing to reconstruct. —Katy Kvalvik
- It’s giving yourself space to experiment and learn. It’s about slowing down. —Katy Kvalvik
- If you have high expectations, you’ll have high disappointments. —Katy Kvalvik
- Your life’s purpose is what’s going to get you out of bed and motivate you. —Katy Kvalvik
- We need to know how to get sustainable results and how to rest. —Katy Kvalvik
- Our values create our beliefs system. —Katy Kvalvik
- Life is going to happen and you’re going to be up against a wall. So the question is what are your choices and how do you empower yourself to reevaluate? —Katy Kvalvik
Katy’s final thoughts: We don’t have to be an expert overnight. It’s about how we can meet ourselves where we’re at and take little steps to gain traction. You can build up confidence and momentum, and you can do amazing things from that.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!