- Posted by Dan Moore
- On September 19, 2018
- 0 Comments
Jeff Dobyns has enjoyed extraordinary success providing comprehensive financial planning to retirees, entrepreneurs, entertainers, and executives by taking the time to truly know his clients, understand their goals, and develop and execute their ongoing strategic financial plans.
Jeff has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Ohio University and has held executive positions with financial planning firms for nearly two decades. After serving as Vice President of Investments of Lykins Financial Group, CPA’s, in his hometown of Westerville, OH, Jeff moved to Nashville, TN to found Southwestern Investment Group in 2002. As its President, Jeff has led Southwestern Investment Group to remarkable success, holding the distinction of being Raymond James’ top independent contractor office, and a member of its Chairman’s Council for several years running.
Jeff and his wife, Amy, are raising their family in Brentwood, TN where they are members of the Brentwood Baptist Church, and their children, Gracyn, Hunter, and twins Tanner and Logan, attend the Christ Presbyterian Academy. For recreation, Jeff enjoys hunting, fishing, and just being outdoors.
- When you are trying to grow an organization, you need to stick with what you said you’d do, empower your people, and help them to grow. -Jeff Dobyns
- We weren’t afraid to work the plan. -Jeff Dobyns
- The mentorship strategy has been the key to our success. -Jeff Dobyns
- How do we accelerate our rate of growth? The way to do that is through shortening the training period and the best way to do that, in my opinion, is through one-on-one mentorship. -Jeff Dobyns
- When you have a long-term plan, and you’re trying to work the plan, you need to get your ego out of the way. -Dan Moore
- The best way to learn is through teaching. -Jeff Dobyns
- I’ve not really ever been good at management, but I’m good at leadership. There’s a big difference. -Jeff Dobyns
- We don’t focus on management; we focus on leading by example. -Jeff Dobyns
- You can’t teach what you don’t know. People won’t follow where you won’t go. -Spencer Hays
- If we can stay focused on serving people well, training people well, and treating people well, then everything tends to work out. -Jeff Dobyns
- People are imperfect, but perfect principles can help them get better. -Dan Moore
- Work hard to serve others. -Jeff Dobyns
Jeff’s closing thoughts: We have to make a commitment to being willing to work on the business at times (more time than we think we should) as opposed to just working in the business. The longer you’re in the business, you realize you have to work on the business otherwise it will run you.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!