- Posted by Dan Moore
- On February 13, 2019
- 0 Comments
America’s trusted voice on money and business, Dave Ramsey is a personal money management expert and extremely popular national radio personality. His seven bestselling books—Financial Peace, More Than Enough, The Total Money Makeover, EntreLeadership, Dave Ramsey’s Complete Guide to Money, The Legacy Journey, and Smart Money Smart Kids—have sold more than 10 million copies combined.
By age 26, he had established a $4 million real estate portfolio, only to lose it by age 30. Using the wisdom he gained, Ramsey rebuilt his financial life and now teaches others how to be responsible with their money, so they can acquire enough wealth to take care of loved ones, retire with dignity, and give generously to others.
In 1992, Ramsey founded The Lampo Group, LLC to provide financial counseling, through various means, to anyone who wants to better understand the principles of proper money management. Twenty years later, the company has grown from a card table in his living room to more than 600 team members and has been voted one of the “Best Places to Work” in Nashville numerous times. In 2014, the company rebranded to become Ramsey Solutions as part of an ongoing plan for growth and longevity. Ramsey runs a multi-million-dollar company with a nationally recognized brand, but he defines success by the number of lives changed through his message of hope.
Ramsey offers that life-changing message as host of a nationally syndicated radio program, The Dave Ramsey Show, which is heard by 13 million listeners each week on more than 600 radio stations and digitally through podcasts, online audio streaming, and a 24-hour online streaming video channel. In 2009, he was honored as a National Association of Broadcaster’s Marconi Award winner. Ramsey was inducted into the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame in 2013 and the National Radio Hall of Fame in 2015.
He is the creator of Financial Peace University (FPU), a program that helps people dump their debt, take control of their money, and learn new behaviors around money that are founded on commitment and accountability. More than 4.5 million people have attended Financial Peace University, Legacy Journey, and Smart Money Smart Kids courses at their workplace, church, military base, local nonprofit organization, or community group.
Ramsey offers his message of hope through a variety of mediums and products. More than a million people have attended a live event, including more than 40,000 EntreLeadership participants. His high school and college curriculums are offered in more than 16,000 schools and educational institutions. The Dave Says syndicated column is available to more than 8 million readers monthly. Thousands of children have enjoyed his entertaining and educational book series. Daveramsey.com offers free informational articles and streaming of The Dave Ramsey Show.
Ramsey earned his Bachelor of Science in finance and real estate from the University of Tennessee. Follow Dave on Twitter at @DaveRamsey and on the web at daveramsey.com.
- Nothing moves unless it’s shoved. Unless there’s activity, there’s not going to be positive results. –Dave Ramsey
- It’s inaccurate to say that I’ve changed someone’s life. I just showed them how and made them believe they could do it, and then they did it. –Dave Ramsey
- I hired people for two things: they knew how to do something I didn’t or they knew how to do something I didn’t want to do. –Dave Ramsey
- Business is easy until people get involved. –Dave Ramsey
- It’s a process to build a team of thoroughbreds. When you wake up and realize you’ve got donkeys in the stable, that’s a problem. –Dave Ramsey
- True leaders don’t manage; they serve. –Dave Ramsey
Servantdoesn’t mean subservient. Servant means I’ve got their best interests at heart. –Dave Ramsey
- I’m going to love you into excellence. Maybe excellence doesn’t mean working here. –Dave Ramsey
- We’re not sanctioning their incompetence. –Dave Ramsey
- The first thing I do when I run into a problem, I gather the best minds in the building around that problem and we sit and talk about it. –Dave Ramsey
- Options are power. –Dave Ramsey
- [Mr. Mediocrity] sneaks up when you’re not having fun. –Dave Ramsey
- Balance is mythology. I don’t think anyone balanced wins at anything. The trick is that over the scope of time to have balance, but in a given block of time, you might not be balanced. –Dave Ramsey
- It’s a misnomer that balance means equal portions of priorities with equal portions of time. –Dan Moore
- Everything moves at the speed of trust. –Dave Ramsey
- Be a producer of culture, not a consumer. –Dave Ramsey
- It’s not an attitude unless you act accordingly. Otherwise, it’s just a statement. –Dan Moore
Dave’s closing thoughts: Balance is mythology. I don’t think anyone balanced wins at anything. The trick is that over the scope of time to have balance, but in a given block of time, you might not be balanced.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!