- Posted by Dan Moore
- On March 13, 2019
- 0 Comments
Developing Mental Toughness: Episode 274 of the Action Catalyst Podcast
Steve Siebold, CSP trains sales and management teams on how to increase sales through his unique blend of mental toughness training. Salespeople learn how to control their thoughts, feelings, and attitudes before, during, and after the sales presentation. Managers learn how to become mentally tough coaches and leaders with their sales representatives.
Steve speaks from real-world experience as a former professional athlete, national coach, and international businessman. He began studying mental toughness training as a world-class junior tennis player in the 1970s.
Steve’s clients include Fortune 500 companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, GlaxoSmithKline—to name a few—as well as thousands of direct salespeople in ten countries worldwide.
Steve has been featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, BBC Television Europe, NBC Australia, CBS, FOX, and dozens of other television shows, radio programs, newspapers, and magazines around the globe. His books, videos, and audio programs have been sold in 30 countries around the world. Two of his four books on mental toughness are international best-sellers and are considered by many experts to be the gold standard in the field of psychological performance training for sales teams.
As a professional speaker, Steve has been awarded the Certified Professional Speaker designation from the National Speakers Association. Steve ranks among the top 1% of income earners in the professional speaking industry worldwide.
- Most people will never get rich because they have an unhealthy relationship with money. If you ever want to have money, you have to develop a healthy relationship with it. -Steve Siebold
- You have to go against the grain, even in the richest country in the world, if you ever want to be a self-made millionaire. -Steve Siebold
- I’m the problem and I’m the solution. Take responsibility for your own results. -Steve Siebold
- When you point a finger to blame someone else, you have three more pointed back at you. -Zig Ziglar
- Fail fast. Get over it and move on. -Steve Siebold
- The longer you’re down, the longer you beat yourself up, the tougher it is to get back up. We’re actually serving our own best interests by getting up fast, forgiving ourselves, and moving on to our next success. -Steve Siebold
- Life is boring if you make the same mistakes so go make a new one! -Dan Moore
- We can manipulate our own minds; that’s how brilliant humans are. -Steve Siebold
- Hire for attitude and train for skill. -Steve Siebold
- Stop trying to be the salesperson’s friend. You’re not their friend; you’re their manager. -Steve Siebold
- If you want to get results, you have to put the position before the relationship. -Steve Siebold
Steve’s closing thoughts: Become more decisive. Decide on things quickly and change them slowly. Operate with confidence and certainty rather than hesitation. Learn to live with the bad decisions. This inspires confidence in a team and creates more success. Examine your level of commitment.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!