- Posted by Dan Moore
- On March 27, 2019
- 0 Comments
Confidence & Integrity: Episode 276 of The Action Catalyst
Dr. Gloria Mayfield Banks is an internationally renowned motivational success strategist and sales trainer who has consistently beaten the odds to achieve extraordinary success. Dr. Banks holds a bachelor’s degree from Howard University, an MBA from Harvard University, and an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. She has built a multi-million dollar enterprise as an author, a founding partner of Charisma Factor, Inc. (a corporate event planning company), and an Elite Executive National Sales Director with Mary Kay, Inc. In 2016, Gloria became the first African American in the history of the company to be ranked #1 in North America. These accomplishments provided the foundation for her recently published book, Quantum Leaps, with ten specific steps to help you soar.
With her high energy and inspirational teaching style, Dr. Banks is best described as “Energy in Motion!” Dr. Banks has trained professionals on six continents to achieve new levels of success. She is expressly passionate about working with winners to actualize their full potential. Dr. Banks was featured as one of the world’s top entrepreneurs at Grant Cardone’s 10XGrowth business conference. In addition, Dr. Banks has shared the stage twice with Oprah Winfrey speaking on Empowering Women and Girls for Leadership and at the N Street Village foundation fundraiser to help homeless women.
Dr. Banks shared her secrets of success with national media audiences, appearing on CNN with Soledad O’Brien, ABC-TV, and CNBC with Donny Deutsch on “The Big Idea.” She has been featured in Fortune, Black Enterprise, Glamour, and Ebony magazines. Dr. Banks has received numerous awards and national recognition. Harvard Business School documented Gloria’s success in a case study titled, “Gloria Hilliard Mayfield at Mary Kay Cosmetics.” She resides in Baltimore, Maryland with her husband, Ken Banks. They share four adult children.
- The most expensive party you can have is a pity party. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- Who’s important to me? Not people who agree with me but people who can help me with my thought process. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- If we can figure out how to think, then we’ll figure out what to think. -Dan Moore
- I don’t need a team of people who are like me. I need a team of people who are best at being best at who they are. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- If I’m at the top of my game and no one else is in front of me, I know how to put things in front of me that make me tick. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- Energy creates energy. -Dan Moore
- You cannot quantum leap without an understanding of what makes you want to get up in the morning and what makes you hate to go to bed at night. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- It’s okay not to embrace everything. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- After integrity, the thing you need the most is confidence. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- A “no” in one moment does not mean a “no” forever. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- The number one thing I learned [at Harvard] is the art of making a decision. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- If you make a bad decision, you can fix it. If you make a good decision, you’re on your way. But no decision is a problem. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- People get caught up in the busy, but they don’t get caught up in the hustle of doing things that will create a bigger platform for themselves. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- Frustration is misplaced expectation. -Gloria Mayfield Banks
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Gloria’s closing thoughts: Do you want to quit or do you want to go? If you want to go, what’s the next step? Where in those next steps can we find a place to celebrate? If you’re feeling really discouraged, I always find something or someone worse off than me. I look for that to help me carve my thoughts so that I am hungry enough to search for something different than the “woe is me” mentality. I don’t want to beat myself up for being there because many times it’s justified but you just can’t stay there.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!