- Posted by Dan Moore
- On May 29, 2019
- 0 Comments
The editor-in-chief of SUCCESS magazine since 2015, Josh Ellis is among the world’s leading students and advocates of personal development – the practical application of proven growth strategies for greater results in business and life. He has been named one of the 100 most influential figures in the magazine industry and built a staff that was twice nominated for editorial team of the year honors
- When I took the job at SUCCESS, it really excited me to give people material content to help them. —Josh Ellis
- You really owe it to yourself to ask, “Why am I in this position?” I had to wrestle with how to be a leader and how I could serve my team. —Josh Ellis
- When in doubt, I’m just nice. Be personable and friendly and care about what’s going on in people’s personal lives. —Josh Ellis
- EQ (Emotional quotient) is very much aligned with understanding what drives other people and understanding yourself. —Josh Ellis
- Health is an important part of any day. If I’m not conscious about it, it’s something that gets overlooked. —Josh Ellis
- I write an email at night to myself about what I need to accomplish the next day so when I lay down, I can have a clear head. —Josh Ellis
Josh’s closing thoughts: One thing we write about at SUCCESS is don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. None of us are ever going to be perfect and no situation is perfect. But as long as you’re making progress and working toward something—a more growing, purposeful version of yourself, then you can overcome whatever your obstacle is. Envision a higher version of yourself and work toward that.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!