- Posted by Dan Moore
- On September 4, 2019
- 0 Comments
- edie allen, healing
Edie Allen has a stunning story of self-recreation. Physically and sexually abused from an early age, Edie ran away from home at 15, cycled in and out of foster care, leaned on alcohol and drugs, and then began to pull herself out of that life with the help of non-traditional healing modalities including Reiki, meditation, intuitive therapy, and every other method that resonated with her soul.
With a heart devoted to helping others heal, Edie created a boutique healing practice in 1997 to assist people in a process she calls SHED, SHIFT & SHINE.
“Nothing makes me happier than sharing the tools and methods I’ve learned in my healing journey to help others SHED what holds them back, SHIFT their energy and beliefs to enable them to SHINE like the lights we are all meant to be, which essentially makes the world a brighter place”
Drawing from an expansive 30-year career in mental health, personal development, and wellness, as well as her own transformational experiences, Edie is a sought-after life coach, trainer, and educator, having spoken for Lululemon on Empowerment, as well as numerous health and business organizations. She recently joined with Hollywood’s elite and Rock Royalty to share her story on stage at Steven Tyler’s 2nd annual Grammy Viewing Party Gala for Janie’s Fund in Los Angeles, California, helping to raise more than $2.8 million for girls who’ve suffered from abuse and neglect.
Edie is passionate about sharing her story with as many audiences as possible in hopes of letting those who still suffer know they matter, and to inspire them to use their voices as a way of empowering themselves. Using her story as a platform for change, she also hopes to educate and inspire groups, organizations, corporations, churches, and institutions who have an interest in the subjects she specializes in.
A Professional Speaker listed with Southwestern Speakers Bureau as well as RAINN’s Speakers Bureau (the Tori Amos founded Rape Abuse Incest National Network), Allen is an expert in Personal Development, Empowerment, Transformation, Mindfulness, and Resilience.
- I realized that my whole life, I had practiced being invisible and I got good at it. How am I going to make my dreams come true if I’m invisible? —Edie Allen
- If we can honor ourselves, we have the capacity to honor others. —Edie Allen
- I think forgiving is an act of giving love and giving the space to heal. —Edie Allen
- If I can feel, then I can deal. And if I can deal, then I can heal. —Edie Allen
- I love the thought of us being happy on purpose. I choose thoughts that feel a little bit better than the ones I’m having. —Edie Allen
- I think our greatest responsibility is to recognize that the choices that we make impact other humans. —Edie Allen
- Being the best of myself means being conscious with my choices and tapping into how that feels and how it might feel for others. —Edie Allen
- I believe if we give people the opportunity to heal, they will. —Edie Allen
- Remorse and shame are very different. Remorse gives me an opportunity to feel bad about what I’ve done and do something about it. Shame is crippling. There is no power in shame. —Edie Allen
Edie’s closing thoughts: For me, being whole was thawing out. It was allowing all these pieces of myself to be present and for me to polish them up like a diamond so that I can shine as bright as I can. I love helping people shed, shift, and shine. They can shed the old habits and limiting beliefs, and they can shift their energy and mindset so we can shine like the lights I believe we were all created to be.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!