- Posted by Dan Moore
- On April 8, 2020
- 0 Comments
- Angela Lauria, COVID-19, stress
Dr. Angela E. Lauria is the founder of The Author Incubator™ and creator of the Difference Process™ for writing a book that matters. In 2018, The Author Incubator was ranked #275 on the Inc. 500 fastest-growing companies and #87 on Entrepreneur magazine’s Entrepreneur 360. Dr. Angela won the Stevie Award’s Coach/Mentor of the Year Award and her program, The Author’s Way, was named Coaching Program of the Year. She was also named by Entrepreneur magazine as one of the top 10 most inspiring entrepreneurs to watch—one of only two women on the list. Dr. Angela has been helping people free their inner author since 1994, helping over 1,000 authors-in-transformation write, publish, and promote their books. Her clients have been seen everywhere from Vanity Fair to O Magazine to the Today Show, and their books have been responsible for over $100 million in cumulative revenue.
She has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in journalism and media affairs from The George Washington University and a PhD in communications from The European Graduate School. She is the author of Make ‘Em Beg to Be Your Client: The Nonfiction Authors’ Guide to Selling, Serving, and Funding a Movement, Make ‘Em Beg to Publish Your Book: How To Reach A Larger Audience and Make A Full-Time Income In The Extremely Overcrowded World of Personal Development, The Incubated Author: 10 Steps to Start a Movement with Your Message, and The Difference: 10 Steps To Writing A Book That Matters. She lives at The Author Castle in McLean, Virginia with her son, Jesse, and her castle cats, Princesses Feathers and Foxy McFuzz Bucket.
- What used to be a barrier was that people didn’t know you could make a connection through a screen. One thing that’s been helping me through this challenging time is the breakthrough of technology. —Dr. Angela
- I think we’re going to see some awesome things invented during this time of a pandemic. —Dr. Angela
- There are things you already do that make you feel better. Maybe you doodle. Whatever that is, do more of that right now. The biggest thing not to do is listen to what other people do. Do what you like. —Dr. Angela
- Learning to trust yourself and your body is important. You know what you need to feel better right now. —Dr. Angela
Dr. Angela’s final thoughts: It’s important to lean into love and gratitude. We have a lot to be grateful for right now, even in the scariness.
The Action Catalyst is presented by the Southwestern Family of Companies. With each episode, the podcast features some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Learn more at TheActionCatalyst.com, subscribe below or wherever you listen to podcasts, and be sure to leave a rating and review!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR RSS FEED: https://feeds.captivate.fm/the-action-catalyst/
SUBSCRIBE ELSEWHERE: https://the-action-catalyst.captivate.fm/listen