- Posted by Action Catalyst
- On April 1, 2020
- 0 Comments
- coronavirus, COVID-19, stress, Terry Lyles
Dr. Terry Lyles holds a PhD in psychology and is recognized as a national/international educator, author of three books, speaker to universities, schools, Fortune 500 companies, world-class athletes, and public audiences. Dr. Lyles has trained hundreds of individuals including fire rescue workers in and around Ground Zero, international forensic medical teams in the Asian-torn tsunami area, and the Haiti relief effort sharing his time-tested, scientifically measured approach to stress utilization.
Major corporations have also benefited from this training technology such as Gulfstream, Chrysler Group, GM, Banana Republic, Macy’s, Pfizer, Universal Studios, Tommy Hilfiger, and Dior to name a few. NASCAR’s Richard Petty Motorsports, military Special Forces, Air Force fighter pilots, and Space Command have all utilized this specialized training.
Dr. Lyles has appeared on CNN, CNBC, HLN, NBC, ABC, FOX NEWS, USA Today, and U.S. News & World Report as a Human Engineering Life-Balance Specialist. He hosted a premiere talk show sponsored by Success magazine and was heard as “the Stress Doctor” in South Florida. He recently launched his Biometrictelemetry broadcasted on live TV with ABC ESPN in INDYCAR at the INDY 500.
- It’s learning how to feel the fear and doing it anyway. All of us have fear. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- We first have to control the mind game. Know that you’re okay and do everything you can to protect yourself, but still do what you need to do. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- The best gift you can give yourself every day is to be present. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- You have to monitor how much news you’re watching. That will increase your anxiety and add pressure. That actually weakens our immune system which makes us more susceptible. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- Take deep breaths to neutralize the cortisol effect. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- Change your mindset and focus on what you really have control over. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- Our thinking is one of the greatest control factors that we can really control. —Dr. Terry Lyles
- Productivity isn’t about your surroundings, it’s about knowing how to adapt. —Dr. Terry Lyles
Dr. Lyles’s final thoughts: Life isn’t about always knowing. It’s about being and letting the results take care of themselves.
The Action Catalyst is presented by the Southwestern Family of Companies. With each episode, the podcast features some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Learn more at TheActionCatalyst.com, subscribe below or wherever you listen to podcasts, and be sure to leave a rating and review!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR RSS FEED: https://feeds.captivate.fm/the-action-catalyst/
SUBSCRIBE ELSEWHERE: https://the-action-catalyst.captivate.fm/listen