- Posted by Dan Moore
- On April 29, 2020
- 0 Comments
- habits, mindset
Alan Stein, Jr. teaches proven strategies to improve organizational performance, create effective leadership, increase team cohesion and collaboration, and develop winning mindsets, rituals, and routines.
A successful business owner and veteran basketball performance coach, he spent 15 years working with the highest-performing athletes on the planet (including NBA superstars Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, and Kobe Bryant).
In his corporate keynote programs and workshops, Alan reveals how to utilize the same approaches in business that elite athletes use to perform at a world-class level. He delivers practical lessons that can be implemented immediately.
His clients include American Express, Pepsi, Sabra, Starbucks, Reeds Jewelers, FDA, Omnicell, and numerous college athletic programs.
The strategies from Alan’s book, Raise Your Game: High-Performance Secrets from the Best of the Best, are implemented by corporate teams and sports teams around the country. His inspirational words are featured on a 12-foot mural outside the Penn State Football Training Center so that players run past it on the way to practice every day.
- The best piece of advice I’ve been given is to find the intersection of what you’re really good at and what you enjoy the most. —Alan Stein Jr.
- It’s vital to have very high self-awareness and be aware of the rollercoaster of emotions that you’re feeling right now in the pandemic. —Alan Stein Jr.
- There are only two things we have 100% control over all the time: our attitude and our effort. —Alan Stein Jr.
- If working hard is a choice, not working hard is also a choice. —Alan Stein Jr.
- Just because something is basic in premise doesn’t mean it’s easy to do. —Alan Stein Jr.
- During times of adversity, it’s most important to be grateful for what you have and to serve others. —Alan Stein Jr.
- Are the habits you have today on par for the dreams you have for tomorrow? —Alan Stein Jr.
Alan’s final thoughts: I’m a positive person but I do have negative thoughts sometimes. I’m not always hunky-dory but I’m a true believer that if you do the right things, things will unfold the way they’re supposed to and the future will be bright. It’s critical to look at things like that.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!