- Posted by Dan Moore
- On August 29, 2018
- 0 Comments
JT Olson is a sensational speaker and an avid proponent of adoption, the pro-life movement, and orphan care. He has given talks on God’s transformation of his pain into passion, the sanctity of life, growing a healthy marriage, encouraging dreamers and entrepreneurs to pursue their calling, and coaching leaders on building a stronger organization.
After being orphaned as a child alongside his four siblings, JT Olson went on to start Both Hands — a faith-based non-profit serving orphans and widows. Olson’s personal tragedy gave him an overwhelming understanding of the need to find loving homes for the world’s orphaned and vulnerable children. His new book follows his powerful journey towards spiritual restoration by recounting significant moments in his life, including his family’s life-altering decision to adopt a little girl from China.
JT and his wife Sara have been married for over 30 years and have five children (four biologically and one chosen): Jeff, Daley, Nick, Max, and Grace. They now reside in Brentwood, TN.
- What if I could have that same impact on someone else? -JT Olson
- [In the face of defeat], I went back to my Southwestern roots. Is there an option to do something else? Is there an option to quit? No! -JT Olson
- We have focus on what our mission is. -JT Olson
- I just want to make an impact. I want my life to be worth something. -JT Olson
- The first thing you should do is count your blessings. When you get discouraged, remember your blessings…It keeps you from ever feeling sorry for yourself. -JT Olson
- What makes you get fired up? Pursue it! -JT Olson
JT’s closing thoughts: I’m alert, alive, friendly, cordial, firm, and enthusiastic! I tell myself this when I need to motivate myself.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!