- Posted by Dan Moore
- On November 27, 2019
- 0 Comments
- entrepreneur, mentorship, motivation
Darrah is a four-time founder, author, and coach who used to cringe at the word “coaching.”
But she was called to do this and was begged by her first clients to work with them. When they saw massive and transformational results in their lives and businesses, she stopped resisting and continued to serve.
After spending 10 years over-working and feeling burnt out while building a credit card processing company into 38 states and a networking events company for over 30,000 people, she learned the wrong way to do it. She then discovered that there was a better way.
A prolific writer and interviewer, she’s worked with Shaq, Seth Godin, Bobbi Brown, Jillian Michaels, Adam Grant, Robert Herjavec, Nastia Liukin, Cam Newton, and the list goes on, with well over 1 million views of her work.
Her motto, “Design your life, build a career to fund it, and a network to support it,” has inspired thousands to reach higher and dream bigger.
She was even named as #1 to follow by BossBabe Magazine.
- You should understand your own intrinsic value before you tie it to things outside of yourself that don’t define you in the first place. —Darrah Brustein
- I borrowed confidence from people who helped me until I could really embody it for myself. —Darrah Brustein
- When you create a meditation practice, without you even noticing it, it starts to level you out so that when something happens, it no longer feels like it’s the end of the world. —Darrah Brustein
- It’s important to surround myself with people who get it—who tell me what I need to hear, not necessarily what I want to hear—and people who are on some sort of journey or path that is similar even if it’s not identical. —Darrah Brustein
- My real motto is first, design your life, then reverse engineer your business to elevate and uplift that, then build the network to make it more fun and open the doors. —Darrah Brustein
- People are the ways that the doors open. —Darrah Brustein
- Being in tune with your intuition is the GPS for life. —Darrah Brustein
- If you’ve hit a brick wall, go back to the people who know you and love you and borrow the confidence. —Darrah Brustein
- Action is the kryptonite to any sort of “stuck-ness.” —Darrah Brustein
- If someone offers to help you and you’re denying it, deep down, you’re rejecting love. —Darrah Brustein
Darrah’s final thoughts: Movement and momentum is important. When you take one baby step, and then another and another, you’ve walked a mile. Sometimes you don’t realize it, but you have. Just taking those small, simple steps can be all the difference.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!