- Posted by Dan Moore
- On May 20, 2020
- 0 Comments
Alain Hunkis, author of CRACKING THE LEADERSHIP CODE: Three Secrets to Building Strong Leaders, is a sought-after speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach. Over his 20-year career, he has led over 2,000 groups in 25 countries. Alain’s clients include Wal-Mart, Pfizer, Citigroup, General Electric, State Farm, IBM, General Motors, and Microsoft. He has designed and facilitated seminars on numerous leadership topics, including teambuilding, conflict management, communication, peak performance, innovation, engagement, and change. Alain serves on the faculty of Duke Corporate Education and has published over 400 articles on leadership.
- It doesn’t matter what industry or organization you’re apart of, we’re all in the people business. —Alain Hunkins
- Most of the world functions on the backs of human relationships. I’ve realized, especially in this pandemic, is the importance of connection. —Alain Hunkins
- Use the lessons that this crisis is offering so we have a deeper richness in our relationships. —Alain Hunkins
- At the core of connection is empathy. —Alain Hunkins
- When we’re not feeling safe and listened to, we have a hard time accessing our cognitive needs. —Alain Hunkins
- Part of leadership is the discernment of when to go fast and when to go slow. —Alain Hunkins
- Being a leader has nothing to do with your title or job, it’s a state of mind. —Alain Hunkins
- Leadership is about increasing our impact on the world around us. —Alain Hunkins
- You can’t change what you don’t notice. Awareness is key. —Alain Hunkins
- If you need help, reach out. Get clear on asking for what you need. —Alain Hunkins
Alain’s final thoughts: Look at what makes you tick because that’s what drives you. If you’re not clear on that, you can spend a lot of time climbing the ladder to figure it out.
The Action Catalyst is a weekly podcast hosted by Dan Moore, President of Southwestern Advantage, the oldest direct-sales company in America, and Partner with Southwestern Consulting. With more than 45 years in sales leadership and marketing management, Dan has a wealth of knowledge to share on how to make better use of time to achieve life, sales, and other business goals. Each week, he interviews some of the nation’s top thought leaders and experts, sharing meaningful tips and advice. Subscribe on iTunes and please leave a rating and review!